5.12.2009

Hopeless

This past week my oldest son was very sick (with some sort of virus) and had to go to the E.R. once; the hospital once and the Dr.'s office numerous times. Suffice it to say it wasn't a very relaxing or fun week for my wife and I. There were many times when my son was throwing up what he had just drank and other times when he was throwing up nothing (dry heaving). To see my son in such pain and agony was incredibly hard. I felt absolutely hopeless because I couldn't help him at all. Here was my son, who I would give ANYTHING to switch places with, so sick he was gagging on his own spit and I didn't have anything in my power to be able to change the situation. It is amazing how hopeless something like that makes you feel.

You have no control over the situation-all you have control over is how you respond to what's given to you. How are you going to handle this situation? Thank God for Facebook. My wife and I were able to post our frustrations with his sickness on there and literally hundreds of people were praying for him. And now exactly a week later he is doing much better. I am very thankful for everything that everyone did to help us from the nurses and doctors to all the people who prayed-Thank you!


So going back to my thought on feeling so hopeless-I realized that even in the midst of seemingly hopeless situations (and trust me I realize on a level with some people's hopeless situations its not even close) it is up to us to choose how we respond to that situation. God gives us a choice how do you want to respond to this situation I'm allowing in your life? Are you going to look to me for guidance, help, wisdom or whatever you need? Or are you going to complain and whine and get hurt or bitter with the situation and with life?

I'm definitely not the best one to give advice, cuz I have my shortcomings, however just wanted to share what I went through and what I gleaned from my situation.

No comments: